We are a busy ship repair yard looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to join our team within our Commercial Department. This would be a full time position with an immediate start date.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Commercial Manager and have daily meetings with the team under the direction of the Managing Director.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Read and interpret specifications, understand and read drawings, and be able to liaise with the Dockmaster, Ship Repair Managers and Production Manager.
- Understand contract requirements and schedule constraints.
- Work with suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain the most competitive pricing / quotations during the estimation for submission.
- Identify the necessary trades for each project and have the ability to estimate man-hours required and associated cost to be included.
- Must have the ability to project plan and estimate approximate time scales required for each project, being aware of other ongoing or potential projects.
- Ability to identify any potential time scheduling or supply / resourcing problems relating to the project planning.
- Multiple estimating projects may be ongoing at any one time, therefore, must be able to multitask.
- May have to travel on occasion to visit vessels / potential projects off site.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Experience in estimating within the ship repair / naval sector.
- Engineering, mechanical or naval degree or qualification to some level.
- Working knowledge of most relevant Microsoft programs, e.g. Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc…
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Must be fluent in English, with a good command of the Spanish language preferred but not essential.
- Flexibility and reliability is essential, and have a willingness to work with other members of the team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:30hrs, Friday 08:00 – 15:30hrs.
- Overtime will be required dependant on work demands. This is included in the salary.
- Generous annual paid leave of 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Annual sick leave entitlement of 2 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible for Quarterly Attendance Bonus after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible to join the company pension scheme after 12 months of continuous employment.
|Job Category||Commercial Department|
|Salary||Based on qualifications and experience |