We are a busy ship repair yard looking to recruit a Site Electrician with electronics experience to join our services team for the maintenance of our yard critical assets including crane electrical and electronics repairs. This would be a full time position with an immediate start date. The successful candidate will report directly to the Services Foreman.
- Installation and maintenance of electrical equipment within the yard.
- Maintenance of all electrical installations for all the yards critical assets including cranes, pumps and reverse osmosis plant.
- Be able to read, interpret and understand electrical drawings.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Industry recognised electrician qualification is essential.
- Further qualification or experience specific to industrial cranes essential.
- Further qualifications in electronics or electrical engineering is desirable.
- Experience in working with all sorts of industrial electrical installations.
- Experience in working within the shipping / naval / engineering / construction sector is desirable.
- Must be fluent in either English or Spanish, both is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility and reliability is essential, and have a willingness to work with other members of the team to achieve goals and objectives.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is reviewed annually and is based on qualifications and experience.
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:30hrs, Friday 08:00 – 15:30hrs.
- Overtime will be required dependant on work demands and is paid at 1.5 times hourly rate, with Sundays and bank holidays paid at 2.0 times hourly rate.
- Generous annual paid leave of 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Annual sick leave entitlement of 2 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible for quarterly attendance bonus after 3 months’ probation period.
- Eligible to join the company pension scheme after 18 months of continuous employment.
|Job Category||Production Department|
|Salary||Based on qualifications and experience|