Ship Repair Manager
Posted 11 months ago
We are a busy ship repair yard looking to recruit an experienced Ship Repair Manager to join our team within the Production Department. This would be a full time position.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Production Manager and have daily meetings with the team under the direction of the Operations Director.
- Takes over the entirety of the project as soon as the contract has been awarded from the Commercial Department.
- Ability to understand contract requirements and schedule constraints.
- Responsible of reading, interpreting and reviewing work specifications and manage timescales of the project and well as labour requirements with the Production Manager.
- Must have the ability to project plan and estimate approximate time scales required for each project, being aware of other ongoing or potential projects.
- Liaising with the various trades’ foremen and subcontractors, as well as liaising with the Ships management team such as Superintendents to ensure project proceeds in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Liaising with the QHSE department where necessary to ensure all relevant procedures and policies are being adhered to and properly documented, as well as to ensuring completion of final QA Package, which must be signed by vessel representative before departure.
- Variation orders or deviation from initially quoted works, must be quoted for by the SRM and approved.
- Full responsibility for the invoicing and achieving a mutual agreement on the final invoice.
- May have to travel on occasion to visit vessels / potential projects off site.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in project management within the ship repair / naval sector.
- Engineering, mechanical or naval degree or qualification to some level.
- Working knowledge of most relevant Microsoft programs, e.g. Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc… Experience with AutoCAD is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Must be fluent in English, with a good command of the Spanish language preferred but not essential. Other languages are welcomed.
- Flexibility and reliability is essential, with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well have a willingness to work with other members of the team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:30hrs, Friday 08:00 – 15:30hrs.
- Overtime will be required including evenings, bank holidays and weekends dependant on work demands. This is included in the salary.
- Generous annual paid leave of 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Annual sick leave entitlement of 2 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible for Quarterly Attendance Bonus after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible to join the company pension scheme after 12 months of continuous employment.
|Job Category||Production Department|
|Position||Ship Repair Manager|
|Salary||Based on qualifications and experience|