We are a busy ship repair yard looking to recruit a qualified Mechanical Fitter to join our mechanical services department. This would be a full time position with an immediate start date. The successful candidate will report directly to the Mechanical Fitter Chargehand and Foreman.
- Projects will include but not exclusive of overhauling of main engines, auxiliary engines, tail shafts, rudders, propellers, sea valves, sea chests, pumps, etc…
- Projects will be time and budget sensitive and must adhere to production requirements
- Several projects may be running concurrently and so must be able to multitask
- Adherence to strict health and safety regulations at all times whilst working in a busy and dynamic environment under the direction of your Foreman and Chargehand
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Industry recognised mechanical engineering qualification is essential
- Experience in working within the shipping / naval / engineering / construction sector is essential
- Must be fluent in either English or Spanish, both is desirable but not essential
- Flexibility and reliability is essential, and have a willingness to work with other members of the team to achieve goals and objectives
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is reviewed annually and is based on qualifications and experience.
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:30hrs, Friday 08:00 – 15:30hrs.
- Overtime will be required dependant on work demands and is paid at 1.5 times hourly rate, with Sundays and bank holidays paid at 2.0 times hourly rate.
- Generous annual paid leave of 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Annual sick leave entitlement of 2 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible for quarterly attendance bonus after 3 months’ probation period.
- Eligible to join the company pension scheme after 12 months of continuous employment.
|Job Category||Production Department|
|Salary||Based on qualifications and experience|