We are a busy ship repair yard looking to recruit a qualified Mechanic with experience within the industrial setting to join our services team for the maintenance and repairs of our vehicle fleet and mechanical equipment within our yard. This would be a full time position with an immediate start date. The successful candidate will report directly to the Services Foreman.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Industry recognised mechanical qualification is essential.
- Experience in the repairs and maintenance of all types of motor vehicles.
- Further experience specific to an industrial setting is desirable, i.e. not just motor garage experience.
- Experience in working with all sorts of industrial mechanical equipment.
- Must be fluent in either English or Spanish, both is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility and reliability is essential, and have a willingness to work with other members of the team to achieve goals and objectives.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting salary is dependent of experience and qualification, and is reviewed annually.
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:30hrs, Friday 08:00 – 15:30hrs.
- Overtime will be required dependent on work demands and is paid at 1.5 times hourly rate, with Sundays and bank holidays paid at 2.0 times hourly rate.
- Generous annual paid leave of 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Annual sick leave entitlement of 2 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay after 3 month probation period.
- Eligible for quarterly attendance bonus after 3 months’ probation period.
- Eligible to join the company pension scheme after 18 months of continuous employment.
|Job Category||Production Department|
|Salary||Based on qualifications and experience|